Living with Acne Scars specifically on the face makes you lose confidence. Effective Tips to Get Rid of Acne Scars are:
- Skin Hygiene
- Wash your face twice daily with mild soap or face wash and lukewarm water that helps to remove dirt, excess oil, and sweat.
- Don’t rub face harshly while washing
- After washing always moisturize the skin with healthy moisturizers.
- Avoid heavy makeup
- Use good oil-free sunblock to prevent hyperpigmentation
- Improve diet and lifestyle
- Drink lots of water to hydrate and glowing skin
- Eat fresh foods and vegetables
- Destress yourself with yoga, meditation, or a healthy lifestyle
- Don’t squeeze white and blackheads or pop pimples, to prevent infection
How is Acne Scar Treatment?
Acne in itself is quite emotionally draining! But the prominent scars they left behind on the face are causing you more stress? The good news is that these scars can be treated in different ways. It is important to know your skin before you begin any type of treatment.
These are the following tips on how to remove old scars:
1. Home Treatment:
Before getting started with any treatment for scars, it is recommended to consult dermatologists to understand your skin.
2. Salicylic Acid for Acne Scars
It helps to clear dirt from your pores and reduces scarring. As it contains acid, so a person should recommend conducting a patch test before applying it to the entire face. This ingredient is used to treat any type of acne scar.
3. Alpha Hydroxy Acid for Acne Scars
4. Lactic Acid for Acne Scars
However, sometimes it’s caused by hyperpigmentation in certain cases. So, it is advised to conduct a patch test before using it.
5. Retinoids Good for Acne Scars
Retinoids are what a person actually needs. It is a good option that is helpful to treat fresh acne scars. Dermatologists recommend this to reduce discoloration and improve skin texture.
6. Azelaic Acid Acne Scars
Azelaic acid has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that help treat acne and scars left behind by it.
It also aids to reduce the amount of acne-causing bacteria and let your pores breathe. Azelaic acid is used to treat mild or moderate acne, it is available in the form of creams, foams, or gels.
7. Niacinamide Acne Scars
Niacinamide is a form of Vitamin B3 which keeps your skin healthy. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to treat acne and reduce scarring.
Sunscreen plays a vital role in skin health maintenance. It also helps to protect the skin from UV rays coming from the sun and also reduces the appearance of scars.
Direct exposure to sun rays darken acne scars, so to avoid this you should use sunscreen that suits your unique skin type.