What is Blood Pressure (Bp)?
Bp is a measure of the force that your coronary heart uses to pump blood around your frame.
How is Blood Pressure Measured?
Bp is measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg) and is given as 2 figures:
- Systolic pressure – the pressure whilst your coronary heart pushes blood out.
- Diastolic pressure – the pressure when your coronary heart rests among beats.
For example, if your b is “one hundred forty over 90” or a hundred and forty/90mmHg, it way you have got systolic pressure of 140mmHg and a diastolic pressure of 90mmHg.
As a general guide:
- Ideal bp is considered to be between ninety/60mmHg and one hundred twenty/80mmHg.
- Excessive bp is taken into consideration to be 140/90mmHg or better.
- Low bp is taken into consideration to be ninety/60mmHg or lower.
High Blood Pressure
High bp is frequently associated with an unhealthy way of life conduct, together with smoking, drinking too much alcohol, being obese, and no longer workout enough.
Left untreated, excessive bp can increase your danger of growing some of the severe lengthy-term fitness conditions, consisting of coronary heart disorder and kidney disease.
Low Blood Pressure
Low bp is less commonplace. A few drug treatments can purpose low bp as a side effect. it can additionally be due to some underlying conditions, including heart failure and dehydration.
Variations in blood pressure
Your bp adjustments to meet your body’s desires. If a reading is high, your health practitioner may additionally degree your blood stress once more on several separate occasions to verify the extent.
Your medical doctor may endorse that you measure your bp at domestic or have a 24-hour recording with a monitoring device.