Today’s article will be a beginner’s guide on essential oils and how they can help you. Essential oils give the ability to take care of family in a more natural way.
Our goal is to provide you with all the information you need to become empowered with essential oils, so you and your family can benefit.
The short answer is that essential oils are a concentrated, volatile aromatic liquid obtained from the fruits, seeds, flowers, bark, stems, roots, leaves, or other parts of a plant.
Plants create essential oils naturally and store them in tiny molecular sacks. There are tons of reasons for this, like attracting bees or other pollinating insects or repelling pests.
They’re useful. Citrus plants like oranges, lemons, and limes often store their essential oils in the rinds of their fruit. These oils are the essence of the odor of the plant. It’s super ironic that these oils aren’t oily. How weird is that?
True Essential Oil:
A true essential oil has been grown in its indigenous area, is harvested at its peak time, properly distilled, and not tampered with or altered in any way. Natural essential oils aren’t just labeled as 100% pure but are genuinely in their purest form, with no adulteration or additives.
By now, you might be wondering why you need essential oils. Well, essential oils are an all-natural way to help with common symptoms and everyday concerns and help balance your whole being.
Essential oils are a type of alternative medicine. I don’t recommend essential oils replace someone’s treatment, but talk to your doctor. But, essential oils can and do help. And I often say that essential oils are complementary to what our amazing bodies already can accomplish.
Benefits of Essential Oils:
The benefits of essential oils are enormous. Essential oils can help regulate your immune system, helping to regulate emotions, support your respiratory system, ease nervous tension, and boost your energy levels. It even helps relax and sleep soundly, and so much more.
Safety about Essential Oils:
First, when applied topically to the skin, always dilute essential oils in a carrier oil, body care products like lotions or creams, or Aloe Vera Jellies.
And you should always check your bottle of oil or synergy for a specific dilution recommendation. Diffusing essential oils can be pretty powerful.
And if you plan to diffuse all day, I recommend diffusing for 30 minutes on and then 30 minutes off instead of keeping it on all day.
After about 30 minutes, the essential oil has done its job. On kiddos under 10, you only want to use Kid Safe Oils and blends. Always keep your bottles tightly capped and out of reach as well, to be sure. Even though essential oils are natural, you don’t want your toddler dumping them on the carpet. So now we get to the good stuff.
If you’re new to essential oil uses, you’re probably wondering which ones to buy first. Well, some of the most popular essential oils have tons of different benefits.
- Lavender helps promote sleep, relaxation and encourages a peaceful, calm mindset. It can also help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scarring, help with pain associated with sunburns and bee stings, and smells fantastic.
- Lemon essential oil is uplifting and also helps support your immune health. Plus, it makes a great cleaning agent.
- Eucalyptus is great for helping with congestion and respiratory health. It also helps ease discomfort from aches in your muscles and joints associated with aging. Plus, it stimulates mental focus.
- Tea Tree oil helps remove odors. I think it works great as a personal deodorant and has been used for years to help treat problem skin. And like Lemon, Tea Tree oil also makes a great cleaning agent. I use a Tea Tree in my laundry to remove musty odors from my towels, and it works great.
- Peppermint energizes and invigorates, helps with nausea, head tension, stimulates mental focus, and is cooling to the skin.